FREE for NEAHQ members, $35 for non-members
NEAHQ Members: On the registration page, select "Register Now" and then select the "NEAHQ" ticket type. Active NEAHQ membership will be verified by the associations.
This presentation explores how a Mayo Clinic team in Phoenix, Arizona went above and beyond to address documentation processes and concerns related to restraints.
Presenters will discuss how they implemented an interdisciplinary team and innovative technology to eliminate the time nurses spent doing unnecessary, manual steps of tracking and calculating restraints performance data.
Presenters will discuss how this project contributed significantly to their organization’s accreditation readiness, innovation, and health equity goals. Process improvements and outcomes related to this project will be shared.
- Participants will be able to identify regulatory standards related to restraint management.
- Participants will be able to identify potential barriers that could impact compliance with regulatory standards of care for restrained patients.
- Participants will be able to explore how to leverage technology and interprofessional partnership to improve outcomes.
- Participants will be able to discuss the benefits and lessons learned from implementing an automated restraint quality monitoring program.
- Cathy L. Hannafin, MBA/HCM, RN, CPHQ | Mayo Clinic Nursing Quality Specialist
- Laurie H. Schellbach, MBA, RN | Mayo Clinic Nursing Education Specialist
- Lorrie A. Jones, APRN, CNS, DNP | Mayo Clinic Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Ursula D. Fletcher, MHA, RN, CPHQ, CPPS | Mayo Clinic Nursing Quality Specialist and AZAHQ Past President
This program is pending approval for 1.0 CE hours for CPHQ® recertification credit.